It will be ANZAC day tomorrow and I hope some of you will be getting up at the crack of dawn to commemorate this auspicious occasion from the driveway of your house.
It would be a good day weather wise to ride in our group but we just have to let this slide for time time being.
Trust you all have been riding on your own during this lock down period. I have – but very infrequently. Can’t wait for restriction to be lifted.
ANZAC day will be partly cloudy with patchy morning fog. Light winds becoming northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 22.
We are still in the lockdown mode during this ongoing Covid19 crisis so will have to ride independently to be doing the right thing. Nevertheless the weather tomorrow is forecast to be wet so it will not be a big loss to suspend our ride.
Ride safely with another if you are riding. Have your light on please.
Saturday will be cloudy with a high (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h becoming light in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 17.
Happy Easter all! Trust you have been enjoying larger dose of chocolate easter eggs – being constrained to home and not much else to do,
The weather tomorrow is forecast to be wet but you can still ride – in pairs, keeping social distance apart.
Saturday will be cloudy with very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 1200 metres in the afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Possible hail in the west in the late morning and afternoon. Gusty winds, possibly damaging in the southeast in the afternoon. Winds northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h turning west to southwesterly 35 to 50 km/h early in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 10 and 16.
Hi all, Trust you continues to be fit and well under this Covid19 reality. The restrictions and lockdowns have tightened. It would be best to suspend our Saturday group ride tomorrow. We are under Stage 3 restrictions one of which is the “stay at home” rule, to quote the Dept of Health and unman Services notices state:
“The Victorian Government is directing all Victorians to stay at home to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). To date, the majority of confirmed cases of coronavirus are linked to overseas travel, however there are an increasing number of locally acquired cases emerging in the community. By staying at home and limiting your contact with other people, we can all reduce the spread of the virus.
If you can stay home, you must stay home.
Who does this apply to, and when?
Everyone in Victoria. The ‘Stay at Home’ period begins from midnight on 30 March until midnight on 13 April 2020.
Is this compulsory, or voluntary?
It is compulsory. The Deputy Chief Health Officer of Victoria has issued a lawful direction as part of the current State of Emergency. It means that, except in limited circumstances, you should remain in your home.”
Weather: Tomorrow is forecast to be cloudy with very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 1000 metres. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Gusty winds and possible hail. Heavy falls possible in the west in the early morning. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending westerly 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then turning northwesterly 20 to 25 km/h in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 17